As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Corporate IT: CIT builds, operates and maintains the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business.
CIT Network Engineering Mission Statement
Enable employees and partners by engineering secure, robust, resilient network infrastructures
As an Intern – Network Engineer, responsibilities and job duties could include:
- Design, plan and implement WAN, LAN and wireless networks in a corporate network environment
- Provide third level technical support to network support team to resolve network issues
- Collaborate with the project managers, account managers and the network support teams for all engineering requirements.
- Provide network design documentation to project teams, peers, and network support organizations.
- Provide engineering recommendations and service improvement plans for the corporate network infrastructure
- Collaborate with the CyberSecurity to ensure security and compliance requirements are met and provide technical assistance for the investigation, analysis and correction of network vulnerability alerts.
- Analyze network activity and network problem trends to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Research, analyze and recommend the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Assess network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business
Network test and certification:
- Work with team on code selection, bug scrub reviews and code testing and certification
- Review track and manage vulnerability and TSR findings with the assistance of the team.
- Fine tuning the existing internal vulnerability management process
Monitoring and alerting ( CRE)
- Collaborate with the existing team to expand on the existing monitoring, alerting and automation capabilities
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Network Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Engineering, or a related field, graduating December 2021 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Hardware skills /Exposure
- Cisco, LAN ,WLAN, Prime, VPN, ISE
- Arista, Citrix
- The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
*Our Visa internship programs occurs during the summer months only.
Permanent Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.