Vita Inclinata is looking for three Government Relations Interns to join our team. This position will help in the development of comprehensive databases relating to policy information, research innovative new technologies in the defense and construction industries, engage new coalition prospects, and provide overall support to the government relations team, primarily working with Congressional offices, Department of Defense, Department of Transportation, Occupational Health and Safety Administration, and any corresponding state organizations.
Vita is a dynamic start-up that manufactures lifesaving search and rescue technology. From day one you will work to secure Congressional support for technology that saves lives on average 24 lives every day.
This is a full time position in our DC office. If you are looking to apply your skills to help save up to 24 lives a day, apply to join our team today!
- Track industry relevant press releases, policy initiatives, and candidate support from interest groups, unions, and associations at the state and federal level.
- Assist in strategy development for the company’s policy and legislative goals.
- Attend Congressional Committee hearings.
- Attend state and federal legislative hearings.
- Assist in the drafting of legislative language, White Papers, report language, and policy papers.
- Assist in preparing lobbying strategies on the local, state, and federal levels.
- Assist in preparing for meetings with legislative staff and industry officials.
- Attend meetings on the Hill in person or virtually.
- Monitor introduced and pending legislation on the local, state, and federal levels.
- Must be a junior, senior, or graduate student in political science, government affairs, or another related program.
- Previous Congressional, legislative, or policy experience is required.
- Must submit a short writing sample to be eligible for consideration. If the candidate does not have a writing sample, a short research prompt can be provided.
- Will be working from Vita’s Washington, D.C. office.