VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers, and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems.
Tanzu Application Service (TAS) is a platform for hosting applications that many large companies of all types use to many applications we all interact with day to day. On our smaller team, Platform Enhancements, you will work with other engineers on the Cloud Controller, a Ruby on Rails API. The Cloud Controller is used to push, scale, and manage runtime artifacts, including applications and services, and functions as a nexus, both serving and communicating to many other TAS components. In addition, work on Cloud Controller provides opportunities not only to contribute to the Ruby API, but also to: debug potential issues discovered by our customers; field questions from other teams and support engineers; become fluent in debugging and testing of the team products; learn how to maintain a continuous integration and releasing pipeline.
This is a PST-based team.
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. You’ll become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, ensuring you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
As an intern on the Platform Enhancements team:
- You will implement new features for the Cloud Controller and other auxiliary tooling owned by the team, learning best practices, TDD, and pairing
- You will help other teams, support engineers, and customers to use our team’s products, whether that’s answering questions about how a particular system is designed, to determining whether an issue being encountered is a bug that the team needs to fix
- You will collaborate closely on your team with the other engineers, the engineering manager, and the tech lead; you will also collaborate with product managers and other engineering teams
- You will participate in occasional customer support issues, during regular business hours, to help troubleshoot live problems with the Cloud Controller to help find the root cause and, if possible, prevent it from happening again
- Pursuing a BS in CS or equivalent
- Exposed to building web applications and RESTful APIs through past internships or school projects
- Strong, empathetic communication and ability to work a teamwork-driven environment
- Experienced participating in Extreme Programming or Pair Programming
- Experience with TDD
- Previous internship experience is a plus
- Ruby or Rails experience
- Experience with Cloud-based services, such as GCP or AWS
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.