VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers, and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems.
We are working to stop the next software supply chain attack. The Supply Chain Tools team is focused on securing all parts of the development process from source code, to running applications in production. We plan to accomplish this by building tooling that can be seamlessly integrated into the entire suite of Tanzu portfolio products.
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
As an intern on the Supply Chain Tools team:
- Most of your time will be spent writing high-quality code with excellent code coverage using languages like Go and Ruby. You can expect to be the owner and take accountability for the quality of your code.
- Developing applications that will run on Kubernetes.
- Under the guidance of senior team members, you will have opportunities to improve your system design and component design skills.
- You will collaborate with teammates to develop, release and maintain software for enterprise customers.
- Pursuing a BS in CS or equivalent required.
- Experienced in Go or Ruby programming language
- Proven CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns
- Good grasp on usability and interaction design
- Work with empathy and kindness.
- Believe in doing the right thing and doing what works.
- Experienced participating in agile development is a plus
- An understanding of container technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Strong communication and ability to working a teamwork driven environment
- Introductory understanding of security or cryptographic technologies
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.