VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers, and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity, and talent of our teams know no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems.
Tanzu Observability by Wavefront is building an industry disruptive Log aggregation and Log search at Hyper-scale. This SaaS solution will be horizontally scalable, highly available, and multi-tenant. At its peak, the system will be ingesting exabyte of logs a day and allowing queries in single-digit seconds latency
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
As an intern on the Tanzu Unified Observability team:
- You will learn and apply new technologies, best design practices, and usability patterns.
- You will be writing software on one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, and Go.
- You will get the chance to build high-performance, highly available, and scalable distributed systems.
- You will get to use cloud technologies such as AWS services. And you will get a lot of exposure to Microservices Architecture.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals.
- You get to contribute to end-to-end system architecture, working with other back-end engineers.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in CS or equivalent required, MS in CS or equivalent preferred.
- Nice to have experience in Java, Python, and/or Go.
- Exposed to building applications through past internships or school projects.
- Proven CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns.
- Good grasp of data structures and algorithms.
- Experienced in participating in agile development is a plus.
- Strong communication and ability to working a teamwork-driven environment.
- Experience with Cloud-based services such as AWS/Azure/GCP, Microservices architecture.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.