VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers, and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems.
We are looking for engineers who want to make a lasting impact on our enterprise-grade database offerings for VMWare Tanzu Greenplum. VMWare Tanzu Greenplum is open-source, parallel Postgres for enterprise analytics at scale. Greenplum is designed to run anywhere—on-premises, in public and private clouds, and in modern containerized environments.
This is an opportunity if you are a polyglot who loves learning new technologies and systems and furthering your education has been a goal of yours. You would enjoy pairing with other engineers and do relentless automation to simplify operating inherently complex things.
As an Intern at VMware, you’ll take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects and springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
As an intern on the VMWare Tanzu Greenplum team:
- You will have the opportunity to peek under the hood of a complex distributed system and observe real world algorithms for storage, consistency, query optimization and execution, advanced analytics
- You get to contribute to features for open source Greenplum software, working with other engineers.
- You get to collaborate with the Greenplum R&D team, product managers and other technical teams to create a world-class database.
- You will enhance how a Greenplum cluster is managed.
- Pursuing a BS in CS or equivalent.
- Coursework in progress or completed in (some) of the following: Data Structures and Algorithms, Distributed Systems, Database Systems, Operating Systems, Networking, Security, Cloud Computing, Computer Systems, Parallel Computing.
- A good understanding of databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience in programming C, C++, Java, or Go.
- Demonstrable ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts.
- Demonstrated ability to fully engage with your team.
- Experienced participating in agile development is a plus.
- Strong communication and ability to working a teamwork driven environment.
- Operations or Systems Administration experience, particularly on Linux.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or cloud deployment technologies.
- Contributed to an open-source project.
- Previous internship experience is a plus.
This position is open to a candidate in the US – Home Office.
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.