VOCAL is actively seeking candidates to fill a position involving development and support of telecommunications technologies. Applicants should have software development experience along with strong interpersonal skills. Candidates selected for this position will be involved in the planing, development, testing, and support of telecommunications software packages.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in electrical engineering, computer science, or similar degree
- Capacity for technical problem solving
- Advanced understanding of Linux and Windows administration
- Willingness to expand comprehension of both emerging and legacy telecom technologies
- Experience using testing and debugging tools such as Wireshark, TAS equipment
- Understanding of basic VoIP concepts and protocols including SIP and RTP
- Ability to read and understand technical standardization documentation.
- Interacting with and supporting current and potential customers
- Understanding, testing, developing, and debugging telecommunications software written in C programming language
- Designing and executing system integration tests
- Configuring, testing, understanding networking protocols
- Creating internal design and external user documentation