VFA is looking for a hardworking, self-motivated, driven, and detailed-oriented college intern who is working towards a bachelors or master’s in political science, policy, communication, advertising, marketing, journalism, or related degree. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to work directly with congress and understand the political processes involved with legislation development, creation, passage, and implementation.
Interns will have the option to work either in-person with us in DC or remotely, whichever they prefer and feel is the safest choice for them.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Assist at VFA events
– Maintain and update social media lists
– Maintain consistent and relevant weekly social media posts
– Update VFA’s website weekly – Create in conjunction with the director, the national bi-weekly newsletter
– Research relevant adoption information
– Attend all planning and strategy meetings
– Work alongside the marketing committee for all things related to advertising, branding,
direct marketing, promotion, publicity or public relations
– Other communication and policy duties as assigned
– Proficient in social media
– Completed or working toward a college degree in a related field
– Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
– Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
– An effective communicator, both written and oral
– Ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts
– Ability to work alone or as part of a team
– Commitment to VFA’s mission and those we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 1 semester commitment
Hours: Full time
Compensation: $40/week stipend
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to director@voice-for- adoption.org