Waterfall Asset Management, LLC is an SEC-registered institutional asset manager focused on structured credit (asset-backed securities and loans) and private equity investments. Waterfall was founded in 2005 by Tom Capasse and Jack Ross, two individuals who were early leaders of the ABS industry, and who together have over 60 years of proven ABS/Loan credit analysis, trading, banking and servicing experience. Capasse and Ross started the ABS Group at Merrill Lynch in the 1980s and conducted the first ABS issuances for many of the more than 40 ABS sectors in which Waterfall invests. Waterfall has approximately $9.4 billion* (*estimate as of 4/1/21) in assets under management. Waterfall Asset Management’s headquarter offices are in New York City.
Waterfall is seeking a Summer Analyst for 2022. The position will be hands on in supporting the hedge fund trading desk, the private equity team, the capital markets team, and the structured lending team in the analysis of new investment opportunities and existing client portfolios. The position will be located at Waterfall’s headquarters in midtown Manhattan.
The 10-week summer internship starts with a one-week orientation and training program. During this period, Summer Analysts will be trained in debt cash flow modeling, bond math, and participate in structured credit classes introducing various asset-backed and mortgage-backed securities. At the conclusion of the training program, Summer Analysts will rotate through the various strategies of the firm, gaining transaction experience and a thorough understanding of each strategy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Well-rounded academic background
- Rising Senior at reputable university or college
- Strong quantitative skills
- Knowledge of finance & capital markets
- Analytical background
- Ability to perform under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and drive projects to completion
- Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines