The Field Service Manager will be responsible for setting up a nationwide Watts Authorized Service Provider Network, Training of Authorized Service Providers on Watts offerings and overall Project Management including installation, commissioning and maintenance of Watts product and systems at customer locations.
The Field Service Manager will provide subject matter expertise in areas including project and contract management, project scope definition, risk identification, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintain control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Manage customer and contractor relationships throughout the installation. Ensure projects are closed on time and in scope.
This position is remote and can be anywhere in the US, preferably near a major airport for convenience of travelRESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Set up a Nationwide Authorized Service Network for Watts products and their associated plumbing systems
- Develop a deep understanding of industry and local/ national plumbing and electrical codes that govern the selection, use, and operation of Watts products within their associated plumbing systems
- Develop training material and train the Authorized Service Provider personnel on Watts products and service offerings
- Provide technical guidance, training, and where necessary hands on field assistance for Watts product installation, commissioning, operation and field repair
- Serve as the point of contact to ensure that negotiated customer contractual requirements and work scopes are being met in the field
- Coordinate use of Watts and 3rd party services to provide successful installation, commissioning and completion of projects. Manage resources to accomplish identified priorities personally or through on-site field service providers
- Work with other Watts stakeholders (Legal, Finance, Risk, etc.) to develop and manage contracts between Watts, end-use-customers and Authorized Service Providers. Review and negotiate changes provided by contractors/service providers
- Responsible for creating purchase orders and monitoring project expenditures and installation progress. Modify plan schedules and costs as required. Maintain full financial accountability to ensure project profitability
- Oversee and communicate project progression from inception to completion including design, permits, contractor coordination, schedules and field installation
- Manage project risk and opportunity through customer communication, process documentation and change directives
- Provide oversight to ensure compliance (by ASPs and Watts personnel) with all applicable Watts policies and procedures in the performance of field services
- Monitor service provider work for completeness or deficiencies. Escalate delay and roadblocks to resolve issues before they impact execution and delivery
- Ensure that project cost reporting, revenue reporting, and other financial data are accurate and submitted timely
- Create project invoices at job completion to be sent to customers. Ensure that invoices accurately reflect actual costs and highlight any changes to the project scope and cost
- Develop long-term relationships with customers, service providers and Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Make recommendations to improve existing processes or suggest new processes to improve quality and on-time delivery
- Coordinate proposal activities with Sales team, Business Development Manager and field service providers
- Participate fully in marketing efforts in establishing new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and procuring new business opportunities.
- High school diploma required. Prefer Associates or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Equivalent Construction Management or Field Service Management work experience accepted.
- No Direct Reports
- Experience setting up authorized service provider network
- 5 years of experience in field service management or project management experience within the utilities or energy services space
- Direct experience managing customer relationships and driving customer satisfaction.
- A working understanding of process piping, flow metering, control valves, flow controllers, pressure regulation & instrumentation, pumps, valves and fittings within Commercial plumbing, Municipal, Waterworks and Industrial process industry
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, SKILLS:
- Strong problem-solving and creative solution skills
- Customer centric mindset
- Drive for results, go-getter/self-starting attitude
- Strong Project management skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization to drive results
- Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and communication skills
- Time management and the ability to work independently
- Ability to understand, track, drill-down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas
- Necessity to pay attention to details and follow-through
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools.
- People management skills particularly the ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines
- Field Operations Management skills: scoping, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- Strong understanding of local market requirements including utility, permitting and inspections
- Review designs at permit submission, install and inspection ready to ensure accuracy and prompt project progression
- Ability to read and understand building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, engineering drawings, schematics, and project specifications
- Basic electrical knowledge needed while doing inspection ready checks
- Knowledge of instrumentation, PLC, SCADA systems, and controls systems as they pertain to water distribution systems
- Experience working with 4-20mA, Modbus, and Ethernet IP communication
- Knowledge of water systems including pumps, valves, tanks, piping, fittings, and related components
- Knowledge of electrical control applications, installation, operation troubleshooting, and maintenance procedures including field wiring practices.
- Able to explain IoT operation methods and product field applications to customer representatives, engineering personnel, water district supervisors, and sales personnel both verbally and in writing
- Travel Required: Up to 70%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment. OR
- Work in manufacturing environment.
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting. OR
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the manufacturing setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.