Watts is looking for an innovative and creative Supply Chain Analyst Intern to assist our Distribution Center in Groveport OH. The Supply Chain Intern is responsible for providing analytic and project support to the Supply Chain Management team. They will mine data, monitor and track results, provide analysis, and develop reports and charts to communicate results. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Analyze the picking activity at our largest distribution center to identify productivity, safety and quality improvement opportunities.
- Acquire a good understanding of the order flow, the DC organization and its constraints.
- Collect the data (user transactions extracted from the ERP) and organize them to facilitate your analysis.
- Collaborate analysis with the DC leadership team to interpret data and generate optimization proposals.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply chain, engineering, data science at an accredited college.
- This position has no direct reports
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Leadership role in collegiate extracurricular activities
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; Technical proficiency required
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Strong PC skills including MS Suite (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong time management skillset
- Project management experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S., and not require sponsorship now or in the future
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office environment or Work in a warehouse environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroup
2. Initiate Positive Change
3. Deliver High Quality Results
4. Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions, and/or third party service providers accessing and using the information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing your application.
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.