Waybridge is a well-funded startup using technology and data science to create efficiencies in the multi-trillion-dollar industry of trading and logistics of physical commodities. We are currently a team comprising technology experts who have revolutionized the ad-tech industry, commodity experts with years of experience in various commodities, and award-winning designers and product managers. We are based in New York, London, and remote.
This posting is for a software engineering intern to join our team in Summer 2021. You will be joined by past interns who are now full-time employees.
In this role, you will be a full-fledged engineer as part of one of our ‘tech teams’:
- You will work alongside other engineers in sprints, tackling different tickets as allocated to you. You will be part of daily standups, sprint retros, and discussions with design and products.
- You will be expected to write tech specs, and implement these in different parts of our stacks.
- You will be involved in company-wide meetings and discussions, including Engineering Weekly, All Hands, Learn N’ Teach, and more.
- You will learn from other team members and meet with different functions within the organization.
- You will be assigned a dedicated mentor who will help guide you through the program.
As a software engineer in a smaller company, your work will have a meaningful impact on the product. You will get to experience firsthand what it takes to make a successful startup and product.
You need to have some experience in computer programming. A computer science degree is 100% not required. However, you need to demonstrate an ability and interest in writing code and solving problems.
Our tech stack is:
- Python and GraphQL.
- React, Relay, and Typescript.
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Automated CI/CD with dev, staging, and production environments.
Experience in any of these is useful, but do not be put off from applying if your experience does not match our stack.
Think about how easy it is for you to purchase something online; you can see various options, filter by different features, and then once ordered, track where your delivery is until it arrives at your doorstep.
It might surprise you that such systems do not yet exist for manufacturers or suppliers looking to buy or sell raw material, such as aluminum, copper, or cocoa. Thanks to many challenges involved, particularly due to the size of the market, such purchases are currently extremely manual, using a combination of emails, phone calls, text messages to track purchases, sales, and deliveries.
We are tackling these problems by:
- Bringing market intelligence and pricing tools to small and big manufacturers and producers of physical commodities.
- Providing financing, price discovery and other facilities we are creating a more transparent marketplace and enabling companies to trade with new counterparties.
- Improving logistic and tracking of commodities around the world. This means optimized delivery routes, with benefits such as a reduction in carbon footprint.
More specifically, as an engineer, here are some of the problems you might tackle:
- Design and develop new features Trade Management Platform and see them come to life in our customers’ hands.
- Implement new pricing algorithms and models to predict the underlying asset’s value
- Implement new application visibility and insights for internal stakeholders and customers
- Redesign subsystems of the platform to improve performance, correctness, and modularity
- interacting with client/data provider APIs to enhance the visibility of our platform’s commodity trades.
We are proud to have a diverse team, with many of our current teams comprising individuals from underrepresented groups in the technology industry. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees. However, we know we can always do better and always happy to hear thoughts and recommendations.
We are happy to try and accommodate individuals who may need additional provisions to be able to work comfortably. Please do ask any questions you have with this regard by reaching out to us directly at any time before or after applying.