Waymo is an autonomous driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to get where they’re going. Since our start as the Google Self-Driving Car Project in 2009, Waymo has been focused on building the World’s Most Experienced Driver in hopes of improving the world’s access to mobility while saving thousands of lives now lost to traffic crashes. Our Waymo Driver powers Waymo One, our fully autonomous ride-hailing service, as well as Waymo Via, our trucking and local delivery service. To date, Waymo has driven over 20 million miles autonomously on public roads across 25 U.S. cities and conducted over 20 billion miles of simulation testing.
Waymo takes an integrated approach to building the world’s first fully autonomous driving technology, with researchers, designers, product managers, and technical program managers working side by side. We seek to understand the needs of our users and the opportunities of the technology to ensure we build the best product. From autonomous driving behavior to user interfaces, we work to inspire the product vision and then make it a reality.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Define the overall data products related to weather and identify the top use cases for internal and operational use cases
- Work with data science and engineering to improve overall data quality for core use cases; integrate weather into core engineering and operational workflows
- Work with external partners to improve overall weather data products and their quality
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- MBA or a MS/PhD in engineering or another technical fiel
- Background in an engineering discipline, either hardware or software
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, including data analysis and telling compelling stories with data
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience in data science and working with complex data sets
- Experience with backend infrastructure and databases
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional team across data science, engineering, 3P data providers, and sensors
- Experience working with sensors (either their data products or core hardware)
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus (if applicable)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is on site):
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
Note: As the situation around COVID-19 remains unclear, unless otherwise stated this is going to be a remote internship position. We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, you will need to apply to each one individually – please apply to the top 3 roles you are interested in.