Whitebox, a rapidly growing Baltimore based e-commerce startup, is looking for a Human Resource Specialist to join our HR department. This individual going to be the lead recruiter responsible for full-cycle recruitment such as job postings/job descriptions, applicant flow (ATS), sourcing, screening, interviews, and onboarding along with planning, developing, recommending, and implementing recruitment strategies. The goal is for this to grow from an entry-level position to a mid-level position and add more HR duties.
• Talent Acquisition and Staffing – full-cycle recruitment execution to include developing job descriptions, leading all sourcing activities, interviewing & candidate selection, and managing post-offer processing
• Employee Onboarding – manage temp employee and warehouse associates onboarding; entering into ADP, reviewing, and ensuring the temp employees are able to punch in on their first day
• Processes employee changes in ADP Workforce Now system to include promotions, transfers, conversions, and terminations
• Be the liaison with the GM and the temp agencies to make sure the right applicants are entering the door, we are staffed for peak seasons
• Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details
• Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews
• Plans and supports company-wide information meetings such as open enrollment, new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or discuss changes in our policies and procedures
• Manage all external requests for employee information to include providing employment verification on current and previous employees
• Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and regulations to include OSHA, Employment Law Practices, Labor Law, and Harassment prevention
• Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
• Human resources or related field and/or At least 1-2 years equivalent experience
• Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing, employee relations, HR compliance, training & development, health & safety, compensation & benefits management, performance management, leave of absence management, and payroll)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
• ADP workforce now experience strongly preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with Google Suite or related software
At Whitebox, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace that pulls together talent from different backgrounds. Together, these experiences inspire our curiosity for innovation. Our employees embody the entrepreneurial spirit that drives Whitebox to explore new and better ways of doing business. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience, rich benefit offerings, 401(k), parental leave, unlimited PTO, volunteer time off (VTO), and a great working environment.
Whitebox is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Whitebox is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.