As Content Management Analyst – Tax Reporter you will interview federal tax newsmakers and tax experts from Congressional offices, accounting and law firms, and trade associations on proposed and enacted legislation. You also will cover news events involving the Internal Revenue Service and Treasury Department. You will be a trusted source of unbiased, impartial information providing authoritative, nonpartisan and accurate congressional and regulatory news and legislative tracking of key tax developments for our clients. This position is ideal for a person with a high-energy personality, ability to develop and nurture excellent, long term relationships with key players, and very strong writing/research skills.
LOCATION: Washington DC metro area and able to travel to Capitol Hill several days a week (in normal times)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cover both the House and Senate sides of Capitol Hill for federal tax developments by attending hearings, press conferences and gaggles, as well as floor debates and votes.
- Cover regulatory developments from the IRS and Treasury Department, including the IRS Taxpayer Advocate, attending hearings as directed.
- File daily stories for Wolters Kluwer’s online federal tax news publications.
- Develop and maintain excellent source relations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (Journalism highly preferred), or equivalent relevant experience
- 1+ years of journalism or publishing experience (can include internship experience)
- Prior work experience in federal tax, a plus.
- Background in tax and/or accounting an asset
- Proven writing abilities with the ability to product clear and accurate content
- Ability to write quickly under deadline.
- Good research skills within federal tax subject area.
- Must have a strong ability to work independently.