At Zebra, we extend the edge of possibility by shaping the future of work on the front line—reinventing how businesses run and moving society forward.
We are a community of changemakers, innovators and doers who come together to deliver a performance edge to the front line of business. We develop new technologies and create new solutions with partners to help organizations act with greater visibility, connectivity, and intelligence—delivering better experiences for workers and those they serve.
Being a part of Zebra means being seen, heard, valued, and respected as you define your path to a fulfilling career. Here, you’ll have opportunities to learn and lead at a leading company, and you can channel your skills towards causes that you and the Zebra community care about, locally, and globally.
Together, we’ve only begun to define the edge of what’s possible—for our people, our customers, and the world.
Build your edge. Build what’s next.
Join a community of changemakers, innovators, and doers.
The purpose of this internship is to prepare college students for entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the various functions of the Zebra Technologies organization. The program is designed to provide you with a full experience so that you can fully envision a career with Zebra. You will be positioned for success with training, exposure to all parts of the business, social activities, a professional mentor relationship and development sessions to help you discover your own performance edge!
Zebra’s Asset Tracking Solutions Product Management team is comprised of New Product Development Product Managers, Life-cycle Product Managers and Portfolio Planning. Portfolio planning monitors and advances the “idea funnel”, the NPD Product Management team brings products from Concept to Launch and the Life-cycle Product Management team manages the products from Launch to End of Life. We work closely with the regional product management teams. We monitor industry trends, competitor performance and focus on how we can best address customer and market needs.
- Work with Product Managers to understand differentiating features/ value propositions of our products and help produce informal videos to educate our sales force and channel partners
- Participate with Product Managers on Voice of Customer research- interviewing customers about market requirements. Assist in creating summarized findings of those voice of customer reports
- Work to collect existing voice of customer detail- identify key themes of “problems”- and set up a brainstorming sessions with Product Management and Engineering on how to address these customer problems and/ or enhance our Performance/ Reputation/ Assurance value propositions
- Assist Lifecycle Product Management team with researching competitors and doing competitive analysis
- Develop planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Increase technology knowledge and skills
- Develop team-based work proficiencies
- Develop interpersonal skills to connect with day-to-day business contacts through follow up activities
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate/MBA degree program in Systems Engineering, Operations Management, Business/Marketing Management
- Must have an anticipated graduation date between May, 2022 – May, 2024
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Experience in product management, development and marketing
- Experience in mobility, RFID, IoT, Cloud, batteries or thermal printing
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow
- Proven leadership and excellence in professional, academic, and/or extracurricular experiences
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills