ZeniMax Online Studios seeks an experienced DevOps Engineer to work in a team environment that will help build, automate, and monitor the infrastructure platform for The Elder Scrolls Online and future projects.
- Proficient with Python
- 3+ years of prior experience
- Must possess experience in supporting mission-critical live environments with:
- Core system services: BIND, Sendmail, Postfix, Samba, Rsync, NTP, NFS, etc.
- Web servers (Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd) and application frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Django, PHP, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
- System and Application Logging: syslog-ng, rsyslog, Splunk, etc.
- Source code management: Git, Perforce etc.
- RedHat or Debian package creation and repository management
- SQL or NoSQL databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, MongoDB, CouchDB, MemcacheDB, etc.
- Configuration Management Tools: Chef, etc.
- Continuous Integration: TeamCity, etc.
- Must have some experience automating system tasks and monitoring infrastructure deployment using a scripting language (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Must have prior experience in a 24/7 on-call rotation supporting business-critical applications or systems
- Your mission will be to help create and support a reliable, secure, scalable environment to provide the best gaming experience for our end users. You will also work closely with other engineering teams to better understand their software enabling you to adapt the platform to their needs.
- You should have a passion for producing quality deliverables in a timely manner which will work under duress and whine loudly when they fail. You will be working in a fast-paced (Agile) environment, following a structured build and publishing process.
- The ideal candidate is a technology generalist (who may have demonstrated significant specialization in previous positions) who can comfortably and confidently work with and learn from an experienced team.
- Experience with public cloud deployments (AWS, GCP) and containers (Kubernetes, etc.)
- Hobbyist programming background
- Author a technical blog or Github page with code samples
- A passion for security tools and best practices: OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Linux networking experience is a plus, this includes routing, NAT, VLAN, bridging, and prior experience with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches