Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc’s founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
This posting will expire on 2/28/2021
Zinternship will run from Monday, June 7 2021 – Friday, August 20 2021 and will be fully remote!
Your Impact on our Mission:
Zocdoc is living our value of Together not Alone as we host our second virtual Zintern Software Engineering Program. Our Zinternship is a longstanding program where we provide emerging technologists with mentorship, real project work, and the opportunity to give power back to the patient! Some of our best employees are former Zinterns, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn and work alongside them.
Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare? Apply today!
What to Expect…
- Before you start you’ll be linked up for an intro call with members of the Zintnership committee, our recruiting team, and your fellow Zinterns. We want you coming in comfortable and excited!
- You’ll kick off your summer by virtually attending ZocU. ZocU is a week long immersive engineering class where you will be introduced to commonly used technologies and Zocdoc’s internal tooling
- You’ll learn software engineering best practices like how to write clean, readable code, push code on a daily basis in a CI environment, and ensure code reliability using industry standard testing frameworks
- You’ll begin to become fluent in our tech stack, from languages like Scala, C# and NodeJS to modern libraries like React and cloud computing services like AWS
- In addition to working in a real production environment, you’ll also be assigned a project to work on. This project will be both something that benefits Zocdoc and gives you a hands-on immersive education
- You’ll be building products or features that have real-world impact and are directly suited to your interests (think optimizing the workflow for iOS/Android mobile experiences or driving our microservice architecture forward in Scala)
- You’ll cap off your Zinternship by presenting your summer project to our entire technology and leadership team at the end of your internship (when your internship is sadly wrapping up)
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A sound understanding of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms, and the ability to implement these concepts in everyday engineering
- Experience writing clean code in an object oriented or functional programming language of your choice (it’s true, we don’t care which you use!)
- An eagerness to immerse yourself in Zocdoc tech, problem solve on a daily basis and be challenged to grow everyday
- Excellent communication skills and can effectively discuss even the smallest nuance of your code with your scrum team
- An infectious commitment to engineering and an enthusiasm about working on a product that is revolutionizing healthcare
What you’ll receive from us…
- A mentor who will help you hone your engineering skills, provide you with constructive feedback and guide you to optimizing your internship
- A competitive compensation package
- Applicable reading materials & a package of custom Zocdoc branded swag
- Engaging and fun team events where you will build relationships with your peers
- Potential for full time employment post-graduation based on excellent internship performance
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values – Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.