HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN
Location: Union City, CA
The Intern will gain professional HR experience in a diverse, highly matrixed organization. The incumbent will assist the HR Business Partner in providing HR support to numerous U.S. locations across multiple business units. He/she will gain knowledge in COVID-19 case management as needed, Recruiting, Data Analysis and Reporting, HRIS (Workday) Transactions, Kronos Attendance Tracking, Vendor Management, Employee Relations, Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Performance Management/Corrective Action, and Communications, There may also be independent special project work available.
Internship Job Duties:
- Track COVID-19 exposures for multiple business units.
- Assist with the recruiting process for multiple sites located across the U.S.
- Utilize HRIS system (Workday) to complete employee life cycle transactions.
- Generate reports and perform data analysis.
- Gain exposure to investigations and the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion activities.
- Monitor Attendance Tracking and assist Managers with Corrective Actions.
- Assist with Contingent Worker Vendor Management
- HR Metrics Tracking and Reporting (e.g. headcount, open positions, ER issues, Recognition)
- Prepare Employee Communications.
- Special Project Work, as needed.
- A minimum of 2 years completed in a Bachelor’s program with a major in HR or a related area
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Proactive, creative, and results-oriented
- Passion for continuous learning
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Email, HR systems, Telecommunications