Working within a Reliability Based Maintenance environment, the Machine Repair Technician is responsible for maintaining the company’s formulation, filling, packaging, utility, and facility equipment and systems.
The Machine Repair Technician will also be responsible for the following activities:
- Performing preventive maintenance, repairs, improvements, and modifications to production, utility, and facility equipment including but not limited to: fillers, pick & place robots, cartoners, case packers, pumps, air compressors, boilers, and other mechanical equipment.
- Provides training with respect to the maintenance of mechanical equipment and systems in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government regulations (SOPs, GMPs, GLPs, PSM, etc).
- Serves as maintenance advisor to provide input to projects in areas of equipment design, parts and material selection, documentation, testing, problem solving, maintenance requirements, project scope, and follow‑up.
- Responsible for priority assessment and decision making as it relates to troubleshooting and diagnostics of equipment operations. Works closely with operations to determine root cause and establish proper corrective actions.
- Conducts assembly, repair, and proactive maintenance for packaging, manufacturing, utility, and facility equipment and systems in a cost effective manner.
- Proactively reviews equipment operation to determine any deficiencies or improvements to aid with increasing OEE.
- Read and understand drawings / blueprints, utilizing this knowledge for the installation / repair of new and existing equipment.
- Use of precision measuring devices and the ability to use machinist’s shop tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Journeyman Certificate with 3 – 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment or a Technical/Vocational School diploma with 5 – 8 years of machine repair or machinist related work experience.
- A valid drivers license is required for this position in order to operate company vehicles. The Machine Repair person must be able to pass the test to obtain a Fork Lift license.
- Possess good understanding of the pharmaceutical/bio-technology industry and operations of the organization along with technical proficiency.
- Demonstrated knowledge in relevant technical areas. Solid understanding of GMP manufacturing processes, equipment and facilities.
- Cognizance of the state-of-the-art technology in the industry to ensure the company utilizes current technology.
- Good communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to interact with all levels of the Zoetis organization. Can articulate issues and solutions to the team. Can produce effective project reports and presentations.
- Position requires daily or frequent interaction with Engineering Director, Maintenance Manager, Production Management and Supervision, Engineers, Quality Operations, Maintenance Technicians, Production Operators, Contractors, and Vendors.
- Can analyze problems and provide support in determining appropriate corrective and preventative actions, with minimal assistance.
- Capable of simultaneously managing multiple assignments. Prioritizes own work. Flexible and responsive to changes.
- Colleague is frequently exposed to airborne particles and must work near moving mechanical parts and high surface temperatures, chemicals, and non-temperature controlled environments. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Use of appropriate PPE is required.