So, what’s an elevator pitch?
An elevator pitch is a short summary used to quickly capture who you are, what you’re interested in, and what you want. Overall, it is an introduction to yourself and your background. The name “elevator pitch” indicates that you could potentially deliver your summary in the time span of an elevator ride, within 30 to 60 seconds.
Okay, but what’s the goal?
The goal is to connect your background to the company’s need.
What should I include?
- Your name and career status (searching for jobs/currently in school)
- Background, skills, and interests
- What field you would like to be employed in
- What type of position you are seeking
- Reasons you chose their company
Any additional tips?
- Project your voice, smile, and make eye contact.
- Make sure your body language and appearance are professional and polished.
- Be clear and focused.
- Have a strong closing.