Data analysts or data scientists improve decision-making processes in organizations by applying analytics techniques to interpret data. There is a growing demand for professionals skilled in big data and data analytics in government, industry, and research organizations. Graduates will receive a well-rounded education that covers the fundamentals of computer science and data analysis, as well as engineering principles and data management, which can be applied in a variety of industries.
See a snapshot of career information for this program.
See what you can do with a GW degree
Search for internships and jobs, schedule career advising appointments, and more by signing in to GW’s career hub.
Learn about Careers Paths
Head of Data Science, Operations, and Quality
Global Patents Organization at Google
Watch more interviews with industry professionals on CandidCareer – sign in via Handshake.
Get the latest industry knowledge, access to mentoring, and find job opportunities through professionals organizations:
- American Statistical Association – amstat.org
- Data Science Association – datascienceassn.org
- Digital Analytics Association – digitalanalyticsassociation.org
- Institute of Analytics – ioaglobal.org
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) – informs.org
- International Institute of Business Analysis – iiba.org
- SIGKDD – kdd.org
|Click here for more STEM professional organizations.|