WORKSHOPS, EMPLOYER EVENTS & CAREER FAIRS
Attend a workshop to learn the “how-to’s” of the career process. These presentations will answer many of your career questions and provide insight on how to utilize all the resources available to you. You can also meet with potential employers and connect with alumni at employer information sessions, panels, and career fairs. Sign in to Handshake to see the full schedule and RSVP.
|SEAS Career Workshop Schedule|
INTERNSHIPS & JOBS
Find jobs on-campus with GW departments and offices, including federal work-study positions.
Search for jobs and internships from over 200,000 companies. Login to update your profile and get started. If you have questions or need help contact email@example.com.
CAREER ADVISING APPOINTMENTS
Meet with the SEAS Senior Career Counselor or the Graduate Fellow for in-depth assistance with your career process. These one-on-one scheduled meetings are intended for higher-level questions and strategic conversations related to the career process.
- Career Advising (30 minutes) – Discuss strategies for your job/internship search such as networking, salary negotiation, professional communication, and more.
- Behavioral Mock Interview (45 minutes) – Prepare for an upcoming interview by practicing customized questions. Please email your resume and job description prior to the meeting.
- Resume, CV, Cover Letter Review (30 minutes) – Receive in-depth feedback on your documents. Please bring your laptop, a printed copy, or email your document prior to the meeting.
Students may schedule 1 appointment at a time. New appointment slots will be added to the calendar on a weekly basis. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues with scheduling.
LEIDOS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
To encourage the career development of SEAS graduate students, the W. Scott Amey Career Services Center established a fund to help cover the cost of membership fees to engineering and technology organizations. Click here to learn more and apply.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISING
The International Services Offices is the first stop for international students as they enter GW and can assist with administrative challenges. Students are encouraged to connect with the ISO throughout their time as a student with any questions.
- The International Student Community Ambassadors (ISCAs) serve the entire GW international student population and organize professional workshops and social events for GW’s international community.
- ISO Advisor Appointments – Meet with your assigned ISO advisor for questions regarding CPT, OPT, and other visa-related questions.