The SMART Scholarship-for-Service Program offers students the chance to pursue their passion in STEM while supporting the mission of the Department of Defense (DoD) as a prominent scientist, engineer or researcher. Apply now to be the future leaders of innovation!
As a reminder, here are some of the benefits SMART Scholars receive:
- Full tuition and education related fees (does not include items such as meal plans, housing, or parking)
- Stipend paid at a rate of $25,000 – $38,000 depending on degree pursuing
- Summer internships
- Health insurance allowance up to $1,200 per calendar year
- Miscellaneous supplies allowance of $1,000 per academic year
- Employment placement at a DoD facility after graduation.
All applicants are required to upload their most recent transcript, and a minimum of 3 letters of reference by the December 3 deadline. First time freshman and first year associates are required to submit SAT/ACT scores and all graduate level applicants must submit GRE scores by the deadline. All applicants must also have a graduation date of Fall 2021 or later in order to be eligible.
The application window will close on December 3 at 5:00 p.m. EST.