Data engineers develop, maintain, test, and evaluate data solutions in support of business goals. We are looking for data engineers who will be able to work with software development teams and data scientists to develop data pipeline architectures capable of handling complex data sets quickly and securely as well as to productionalize data science solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to advise product teams as the best practices in handling large and complex data sets and help data scientists convert proof of concept solutions into fast and efficient production-ready systems.
What you will do
- Work with product teams and data scientists to improve the efficiency and speed of computational models
- Create and maintain data pipeline architectures to automate the processing of large and complex data sets
- Transform complex analytical models into fast, scalable, and production-ready solutions
- Stand-up and maintain and update data processing infrastructures
- Work with product teams and data scientists to develop a wide variety of data products
Who you are
- You are highly proficient in SQL to include schema design, database definition, and advanced queries
- You have experience with MPP data warehouses, Spark, or Hadoop
- You have experience with scripting languages for automating repetitive tasks
- You have experience building optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- You have the ability to and experience with creating automated data pipelines for complex systems
- You have extensive linux server management background
- You have the ability to work with product teams, data scientists, and other stakeholders as well as assist them with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure
- You have experience in managing a variety of Amazon Web Services products.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills along with the ability to present technical data and approaches to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience in working with NoSQL databases
- You have background designing and developing dashboards and other data products
- You are a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Data Engineers generally have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field and a variety of related certifications such as AWS. This level of education and certification is not required if the above qualifications are met.
For the data engineer position, please apply via https://kesselrun.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=28
For other engineer related position, please check out https://kesselrun.af.mil/careers/application-form/