Research is a critical aspect to Dimensional’s business and how we support our clients. Our Research team has a global agenda and is responsible for research coverage for all strategies. Research is incorporated into every aspect of Dimensional’s investment process, including identifying relevant dimensions of expected returns, working with the Portfolio Management team on how best to design and manage strategies to pursue higher expected returns, and collaborating with the Trading team to improve execution.
Dimensional’s Research Internship is exclusively for top caliber PhD students who want to direct their passion toward investment-related research. The Internship offers an opportunity to work on intellectually rigorous and stimulating challenges, and provides real life experience into the different aspects of research at Dimensional. The Internship is open for application from PhD students in finance, economics, engineering, physics, computer science and mathematics who expect to complete their degree in the next 12-18 months. We are currently seeking students to start immediately or summer 2019.
- Progress toward a PhD from a top-tier school in a discipline such as finance, mathematics, economics or statistics.
- Applicants must have completed their PhD coursework and plan to defend their dissertation within the next 12-18 months.
- Excellent quantitative problem-solving and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate financial and economic concepts, in both verbal and written form
- Self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages, such as C#, C++, Fortran, SAS, or Stata
- Experience doing empirical research with large datasets
- Able to work 5-12 weeks at our Austin office
Applications are processed continuously on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the high volume of applications, we encourage students to apply as early as possible.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you can apply via this link: https://dimensional.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-3/xf-2f8d9a2c9b02/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/912-Internship-in-Research-PhD/en-GB