The following information comes from the official site of the Department of Homeland Security. Check out the full article.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts international students and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools, SEVP is closely monitoring key developments and will provide further information and important updates as necessary.
SEVP’s priority is to ensure that F and M students can make normal progress in a full course of study as required by federal regulations during this time. Schools and students must document any changes and provide this information to SEVP as required. SEVP intends to be flexible and will create special adaptations as the COVID-19 environment changes.
ICE Guidance on COVID-19
Please visit U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)’s COVID-19 Guidance page for updates from SEVP, including guidance for schools and international students.
Download this PDF to read answers to Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19. This list is regularly updated – please note the timestamp of the most recent document update.
COVID-19 Blog Posts
Stay up to date on all the latest COVID-19 news, SEVP updates and guidance for students and schools through the Study in the States blog:
Resources from Government Partners
Please refer to the below websites of other agencies involved in the international student life cycle to learn more about COVID-19 response.
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Visit the CDC website to learn more about COVID-19 symptoms, steps to protect yourself and other resources.
- U.S. Department of State: Visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs website for all guidance regarding travel and restrictions.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS): Visit DHS.gov/coronavirus to learn about arrival restrictions and where flights from specified countries are being redirected to due to COVID-19.
- U.S. Department of Education: Visit the Education Department’s website for information and resources for schools and school personnel.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS): Visit the USCIS website for information on field office appointments and application support.