The SEAS Dean’s Office and career services are partnering to help cover the cost of fees associated with professional engineering associations. By joining and actively engaging with these organizations, graduate students can learn of industry trends and career paths, access national and global networks and participate in continuing education opportunities.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
- You must currently be enrolled in a SEAS graduate program (Masters or PhD).
- You can receive the award only once during your academic career at GW. Funding is disbursed in accordance with all applicable federal and university guidelines.
- Activities that will occur after you graduate from your degree program or activities that have occurred prior to submitting an application are ineligible for funding.
- Students may request up to $150 to go towards the cost of professional or career activities including:
- Joining or renewing membership in professional organization(s) related to an engineering or computer science discipline.
- Registration fees for conferences hosted by professional organizations.
|Click here to see a list of professional organizations. Students may request an organization not listed but the mission of the organization must be related to STEM (science, technology, engineering, or math).|
- Award recipients must meet with the SEAS Senior Career Counselor to sign the agreement form and receive funds. Payments will be made directly to the professional organization, not to the student. Students will not be reimbursed for money spent before receiving approval.
- Award recipients must submit a brief reflection (minimum 100 words) describing how they utilized the professional membership or the professional activities they participated in. Failure to complete the reflection will result in the student’s Handshake account being blocked and potentially disqualify the student from receiving future funding opportunities offered through the career center.
APPLICATION & DEADLINES
To apply, complete the form below. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received. Awards will be distributed to students who meet the eligibility requirements and until all funds for the year have been used. There is no guarantee that a submitted application will be granted an award.
- The application and deadlines for the 2020-2021 school year will be announced in September.
If you have questions about the fund, eligible organizations, or need to submit the reflection essay, please email Kendra Northington at email@example.com.